Monday, October 24, 2011

Trains, Hunters and Studebakers

I should have been falling asleep. Dennis and Bruce were talking yet again about the trip to Florida when Dennis was 19, stopped by in his car to see them Chicago on his way to Florida. Bruce, only 16, begged Dennis to bring him along. Every time we visit Dennis, I hear about that trip. Next time I swear I'll put the camcorder and turn it into a short story. ;-) Being with Dennis is always fun. He has about 18 acres near Lake Michigan up in gorgeous Door County. He gardens, builds his own house, and he still rebuilds vintage cars. The oldest treasure, an early 30's Dodge, is temporarily out of service, so Dennis gave us a ride in his beautiful white '64 Studebaker.
A ride in the Studebaker; Dennis and Bruce stop to look out at Lake Michigan.

In the afternoone were back on the road, to return home. We slept in Marinette close to "UP", Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

When I get home, I will look back fondly on all those mornings I woke up to hear the shot gun of hunters and passing trains.

No comments:

Post a Comment